We are pleased to inform on release of the new (2.0) version
of WOODY Case Furniture and Niche Cabinets Design Software
Woody supports creating of 3D models for furniture products.
Be it a kitchen set or an anteroom case with a system of sliding doors,
ideas of the designer are modeled in the three-dimensional space and the parted
drawings and specifications are generated automatically.
Designing is supported by extensive database: parts are created from real
board materials and joined by real fittings.
The Woody CADD supports both inch and metric measurement systems.
Woody is supplemented with high speed Open GL rendering.
It makes design process easy and comfortable.
Vivid 3D images reduce probability of constructor's mistake.
- Users may tilt parts of products at any angle and rotate them by any angle.
The tilt angle of such parts is automatically adjusted at movement
of axes or change of the joined parts' sizes.
- Fittings are selected and automatically completed based
on the angle between the joined parts.
The fittings' models are automatically positioned in the three-dimensional space,
the drawings will be provided with fixing holes marks automatically.
- For parts joined at arbitrary angle,
users may set various schemes of joining and parameters for trimming
one part on the end face or face of the other part.
In the process of product editing, the joining scheme and trimming angle
are adjusted automatically according to the new positions of the parts in space.
The milling shape of the end face and the calculated tilting angle
are automatically designated on the detailed drawing of the part.
- Parts may be rectangular or have an arbitrary configuration.
Rectangular parts are created by setting two points of the diagonal.
The outline of any configuration is formed by consecutive input
of several central points set in space using the mouse.
- The Parts wizard directly supports curving with the pre-set radius
or bevel of the pre-set size for the angles of the part selected graphically.
For the selected node point, users shall enter radius of the curving or set the size of the bevel.
The parametrical outlines facility habitual to the users of our previous versions
is also available. Curving and bevels created using graphical tools, behave just
like those created by parameterization: when the part dimensions are changed,
the sizes of bevels and curving radiuses are preserved.
- We added a function of outline tracing for parts when joining several elements
of a product in the same plane with the subsequent trimming of the parts along such outline.
This enables obvious, graphic building of joints at curvilinear table tops and doors having
frontal joint of curvilinear configuration.
- Interfaces for "embedded" products creation are supported.
This enables designers to model, for instance, complex modular fronts, doors, and table tops.
Created this way, they may be used as a component of design.
- The Assembly wizard allows generating explosion images
of the products under design and illustrating the stages of assembly.
The images corresponding to every stage of assembly,
are placed on individual drawing sheets provided with the frame and the core
data in the pre-set format and are included into the documents package.
- We complemented the Drawings wizard with new functions.
Using this wizard, designers draw any part outlines, holes,
set standard designations on the drawings.
The designer's toolset ha s grown beyond parametrical outlines.
Primitives for creation of Bezier curves, arches, straight line segments are supported.
Continuous line creation and automatic outline closure are supported.
- Creation of an outline is made directly on the part drawing.
Editing tools allow moving, inserting or deleting points of the part outline,
transforming the lines to curves of various types and polygonal lines,
transforming Bezier curves into sequence of circle arches with the pre-set accuracy.
- The technology of associative bidirectional relations between product parts and their drawings
allows changing the form of the part both graphically and analytically,
changing numerical values of the sizes and interface points' coordinates.
In addition, the changes made to the drawings manually are saved during automatic
regeneration of drawings by the system at the time of 3D model editing.
- In this version we enabled drawing of arbitrary holes outlines
with further updating of the three-dimensional model.
- Interfaces for flexible set-up of projections and scales selection
algorithm for parts and products drawings are supported.
Users may generate drawings automatically based on the pre-set scale,
or pre-selected set of standard scales or select the necessary projection of parts,
products or assemblies.
- Users may create any number of drawings for each part of the product.
For instance, one drawing may show a complex part outline specifying
the edging areas with another sheet containing an additional drawing indicating holes,
texture orientation, and other technical data.
- Automatic generation of explosion drawings and schemes
of stage-by-stage assembly of products.
- Lots of options will allow generating the content and set the presentation
style of the drawing documentation. The type of dimensioning (arrows, marks, points),
symbols (roughness, seams machining, parts' end faces etc.),
core data format and frame may be set.
- Principles of work on the project changed a little.
While in the previous version users could create only one product per document
and all its parts were placed within the framework of the document-wide axes grid,
WOODY 2.0 enables working with hierarchical models. The document may hold several products,
which may be rotated, moved, deleted, added, copied and arbitrarily combined in space.
- We added support for configuring suites of furniture from pre-set models of individual cases,
placing, combining them in the stage space, joining several entities into a single product,
generating engineering specifications on the suites of furniture in its entirety
or individual products.
- The Stage wizard allows placing in the project space any three-dimensional
models imported from other software in STG, OBN, and 3DS formats.
This features is used for modeling of the building components of the interior,
elements of visual decor, and fittings.
- We developed a special facility for generation of the user-defined models for drawers.
By filling in some forms and entering some parameters in the tables,
users may create their own design layout of drawers without programming.
and the new type of drawer is automatically added to the standard design library.
Users may edit the drawer modeling routines, available as shipped or created using